Thursday, December 13, 2012

All Caught Up

Okay, I think this is the last of the catch-up posts...until I have a baby and need to update with that news!

Scott's sister Rachel came to Nashville for a visit over the Thanksgiving break.  It was so much fun to have our first visitor and Ellie was so excited.  We started by tracking Aunt Rachel's flight online and watched her plane move across each state little by little.
 We had so much fun all week.  Apparently too much fun because this is the only picture I took the whole time and it's blurry and dark.  I cooked my first Thanksgiving for the four of us and our two missionaries.  Everything actually turned out really well (except the rolls I bought from a bakery which were a huge disappointment.)  Ellie had quite a few meltdowns after Rachel left.  "I miss my aunt so much!"  It breaks my heart to hear her say that and see her sad little face.  I miss her, too, Ellie.

Dwight, our Elf on the Shelf, made it back to us and Ellie LOVES him.  He's not as busy as other people's elves.  He doesn't bake cookies or hang out with Barbies.  But he keeps an eye on Ellie, reports to Santa, and finds a new place to land each night (most of the time.  Sometimes Mom forgets to remind him to move and he lands in the same place a few days in a row.)
Ellie helped me get out all the baby gear and test it out for baby sister.  She is the best helper.

Ellie used the back of Scott's old poster assignment to draw her people.  I love her drawings so much.  I really can't get enough of the noses with nostrils that look like pig snouts, the overly long fingers, and the recent addition of eyebrows and eyelashes.
She looked so grown up one morning before church I made her take some pictures.  She posed by our little Christmas tree (which she loves - she rearranges the ornaments and is SO PROUD of the star on top that she picked out).
We love this girlie.  She's the sweetest two-year-old around.

0 comments: