Saturday, May 9, 2009

Amazing Historic Getaway Back East

Since everyone was going on some exotic vacation - Sam and Terri Anne, Tracy and Rachel, Bob and Sue, Matt and Tazbaa (2 vacations!), and Chelsea and Kelsey - and no one invited me, I ended up feeling a little jealous. So...

Scott and I went on our own vacation. He wanted to take me back east to see where he grew up. We saw some of the sights and it was freaking amazing.

We started out on the famous transcontinental railroad. Boy was it a thrill!


Then we made our journey through some of the scarier parts of this country:

The sad cotton candy machine...with no cotton candy (and a scary door leading to who-knows-where).

And the dark corner. Enough said.


On our way to beautiful Washington DC, we stopped at the famous Mt. Rushmore.

What a sight!

Finally we arrived! It was time for some sightseeing.

First we saw some monuments that were erected to celebrate the efforts of our former leaders.

Here I am at the Lincoln Memorial
And here is Scott enjoying the beauty of the Washington Monument.
We even had time to squeeze in a quick game of golf. This is near where Scott got his first hole in one. Congratulations, honey!



After the beautiful sights of our nation's capital, we left for New York City. On our way, we were able to see the historic location of Washington's famous crossing of the Delaware River.


Finally, our last stop. NYC! I didn't get a picture of the Empire State Building, but here's a picture of me in front of the Statue of Liberty.


We had a great time. It was the trip of a lifetime. Thank you Liberty Land. Thank you.

4 comments:

Rachel DeFreese said...

It's been a couple of months since I was in NYC, but I was pretty sure that the last time I was there mountains weren't. Great vacation! Next time I vacation, I will carry golf clubs in my hand at each stop.

shannon said...

w.o.w.
you should have come to the zoo with us. good times. good times.
seriously...check out the giraffes.
hysterical.

xoxo

thanks for partying with us tonight.
(and tomorrow) love you.

chelsea said...

So I have only had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 2 days. Jet Lag. I would like you to know that my sleepyness has not effected my sense of humor. I laughed a lot. I am still laughing. I like this post.
Much love Mitchelle

chelsea said...

Wait--question
Better than Fiesta Fun?